2.5x7 Reclaimed wood
Doug Fir - Origin: Basic Magnesium corp. - Henderson NV
From Basic Street to Basic High School, signs of the past remain in fast-growing Henderson. The names refer to the World War II era Basic Magnesium complex southeast of downtown Henderson - the largest magnesium plant in the world at the time.
In 1941, the Basic Magnesium Inc. complex was built by the Anaconda Copper Company for the Federal Government to produce magnesium, The lightest and strongest of metals that was suddenly needed in large supply to build airplane bodies and other materials Critical to the Allied war effort during World War II.
More than 13,000 men and women flocked to the desert site to work on the project, many from areas of the country still mired in the Great Depression. This gave birth to Henderson, which is now the second largest city in Nevada.
A quarter of all US wartime magnesium came from the Henderson Plant to strengthen aluminum using 25% of Hoover Dam's power to separate the metal from its ore by electrolysis.
The beams and wood reclaimed are the original structure built in 1941, When Las Vegas was just a train stop.
The beams are 2.5 x 7 x 14' most are painted some are not.
We currently have 2x7, 2.5x12, 3x15, 4x12, 9x15, 12x12 and 16x16 lengths start at 7’ and go to as much as 30’